Jasmine Wong is graduating as the only student in U-M’s dual MM in piano performance & pedagogy program. On top of being treasurer of Michigan’s MTNA Collegiate Chapter, Jasmine is also a GSI at the University and a private/masterclass instructor for SMTD’s Piano Pedagogy Laboratory Program (PPLP). As one of the top academically performing graduates, along with recognition from the department in her pedagogical work, she is honored to be the recipient of the 2020-21 Alice Kern Award.
Hopefully after a trip to Spain to attend the Gijón International Piano Festival this summer 2021, Jasmine will return and continue to pursue her passion in the DMA program for performance and pedagogy.
– Holds a 4.0 GPA for both years in the master’s program 2019-2021
– Recipient of the Alice Kern Award
– Treasurer of the University of Michigan’s MTNA Collegiate Chapter
– Teaches private, group & masterclasses in the PPLP program
– Only student accepted into the dual MM of piano performance & pedagogy, 2019
– Only student accepted into the DMA of piano performance & pedagogy, 2021